Sunday, October 16, 2011

2-Hour Dice Bag








This really took me a little less than 2 hours, maybe 1 1/2. I used my lovely Serenity Garden Gemstones yarn and my trusty E hook, but you could use any yarn and a matching hook. So ridiculously simple...
Okay, so
Ch 2, 6 single stitch(SC) into the 1st chain. DO NOT JOIN. This is worked in rounds. Increase (2SC in one) around. [12 stitches]
*Inc, SC in next* around [18]
*Inc, SC in next 2* around [24]
*Inc, SC in next 3* around [30]
*Inc, SC in next 4* around [36]
If your base is big enough, stop increasing. If you want it bigger, keep going!
Now just Sc around and around and around and... etc. etc. until it's tall enough. Slip stitch.
Now *DC in next stitch, Ch1, skip next stitch, and DC in next* ( I actually have a DC in every stitch for a more ruffley top, either way works well.) around.
For the draw string, cut a piece of any yarn you want ( I used Bernat Satin in a pretty forest green) twice as long as the circumference of your bag. (okay, I just cut about 14-16 in and trimmed the excess). Fold in half and use your hook to thread it through the Ch 1 spaces, all the way around. If you have a bead with a large enough hole to fit all 4 strands through, use it! If not, don't worry. Tie the ends of the yarn together and trim. Make sure the drawstring slides easily and you left enough slack to open the bag. Voila! A one of a kind dice bag for you or your favorite nerd! Or, if you don't want o make your own, check out my Etsy shop, Craftsbychi. www.etsy.com and search for craftsbychi. I'd love to make you one! Blessed Be and Happy Hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment