Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Phone Cases and Pipe Bags

As the title suggests, I've been making phone cases and pipe bags. Several of my friends smoke out of glass pipes, so I thought that some crocheted cases were in order. I used the same basic pattern as my 2-Hour Dice Bag and just made the base of the bag big enough to fit the 'head' of the pipe (the bowl end) and long enough to, well, fit the pipe.  Add a drawstring with one of those pincher thingies they put on drawstrings for jackets and stuff, and voila! A snug, safe case for your glass piece. Pictures will ensue at a later date.

As for phone cases, here ya go:

Yarn- charcoal Cotton-Ease  by Lion Brand and red Patons Grace held together.
(I also did one with some bright orange Simply Soft and a bright blue Grace)

Hook- G

Pattern is worked in without joining rounds.
Chain about two chains longer than the short end of your phone, ch1 to turn.
SS across the chain, working in back loops only, ch1
Now ss across in the other side of the ch. ch1
Half-Double Crochet (HDC) in your first ss, and all the way down.
HDC in your ch1 sp, and down the other row of ss.
HDC in your last ch1 sp.
Now just work rounds of HDC until you have a pouch tall enough to fit your phone, plus a row or two. I added a little ch10 loop on one side of mine to make it easier to get out of my pocket, and it also serves well as a key ring, if you don't have too many keys. I even slip my I.D. into my bank card sleeve with my card and a little cash and I don't even need my wallet. I have so many requests for them, I'm going to need to get more Cotton-Ease.




Blessed Be and Happy Hooking!


EDIT: Here are some more pictures!

This pipe case is light blue Cotton-Ease and a silvery green Bernat Satin held together with a bright blue Caron Simply Soft drawstring. It is available for sale in my etsy store, CraftsByChi.

 Unfortunately, my camera sucks, so it is hard to see how pretty these colors really are together. The blue is a soft matte while the green is shiny.
 Here's a slightly better picture and you can see the whole thing.
 This is the bottom of the case.
 These two pipes are two of a set of triplets from a while back, the third was purple. All three are filled with opalescent, black-light reactive liquid. As you can see there is no purple; sadly, it was broken. Sticky, too. And kind of smelly. But you should have seen the floor when we turned on the black-light! Anyway, I made a set of cases for the remaining, Boo (the pink) and Piccolo (the green). Both cases are crocheted with two strands of their respective colors, with a contrasting drawstring of the opposite color. And what's really great is that red, and therefore pink, and green are opposites on the color wheel. :)
These are the three pipe cases that I did (all in one day!) to protect these during a move. The one on the left is bright orange Simply Soft and blue, green, white, and brown Loops and Threads Impeccable, which is lovely and thick and soft, which is why I bought it, just for cases. The drawstring is bright orange and dark blue.
 Another picture. You can see the colors of the left piece a bit better. All custom cases that I make are made to match the piece they are intended for, and fitted to hug the piece, some with just enough room for a lighter.
 A fourth piece, done for blue and black swirled Sapphire (or blueberry, we haven't decided), is bright blue Simply Soft held together with black Cotton-Ease. The drawstring is the same.
 This is the one piece that was not done to match the piece it is for, which is blue and yellow. It is two strands of Loops and Threads Impeccable. One strand is lavender, plum, sage, and dark green. The other is varying shades of blue and green.The drawstring is those two and a dark plum Lion Brand Vanna's Choice braided together. I had promised this piece a case a while back, started two or three different ones, and finally said the neither the owner or I was leaving until this was done!

And now for some phone cases!


 My husband ended up getting the same phone as me when his decided to not turn on anymore. Luckily we have AT&T which means SIM cards! So no data was lost. So he got a bright green Simply Soft and black Cotton-Ease phone case. I found that Simply Soft gets all fuzzy pretty fast, so it's not really the best for phone cases, being slipped in and out of pockets so much.
 I also sewed a flower onto mine, which was tedious and frustrating, and it is already all fuzzy, not to mention the end of the tail is poking out. So for future reference, use cotton flowers on phone cases.


But it is a cute flower. :)

Well, Blessed Be and Happy Hooking!

2 comments:

  1. Cell phone cases listed below are some of our past work. If you want to wholesale bulk iPhone cases in stock, contact LeMoTong phone case manufacturer now and we will give you the list. iphone case manufacturers

    ReplyDelete